The Spiritual Significance of The Mala Beads Meaning By Color
Wondering about the Mala Beads Meaning by Color? A great way to harness the power of the colors is to wear a mala in a color that aligns with your desires. Each color has its own meaning and the minerals that feature each color often have similar properties and benefits. Understanding the energetic qualities of the different gemstones, seeds, crystals, and wood that are used to create the beads will make your experience more personalized.
Mala Beads Color Meaning
When choosing your meditation mala, take into account the properties and colors that would benefit you the most. After reading this article you will have a better idea of what color and material you would want to choose for your own mala.
1. Black Mala Beads Color Meaning:
Associated with protection, success, and power.
- Black Onyx Mala: Transforms negative energy, attracts good fortune, promotes good health.
- Black Tourmaline Mala: Considered one of the most powerful stones for protection. It has a strong purifying effect. It inspires self-confidence and a sense of personal power.
- Lava Rock Mala: The earthy qualities of lava make it a stone of grounding, focus, balance, and fertility.
2. Red Mala Beads Color Meaning:
Represents courage, power, and productivity.
- Red Jasper Mala: Improves grounding, increases courage and self-esteem.
- Garnet Mala: Inspires love and devotion, balances the sex drive. – Cleansing and energizing. Inspires love and devotion, balances the sex drive. Removes inhibitions and taboos.
3. Blue Mala Beads Color Meaning:
Associated with peace, calm, and relaxation.
- Amazonite Mala: Works with the throat and heart chakra to keep a balance between what you feel and what you say. It soothes and calms the mind, inviting confidence and balance
- Lapis Lazuli Mala: Associated with strength and courage, royalty and wisdom, intellect and truth.
4. White Mala Beads Color Meaning:
Signifies purity and peace. Associated with connection to the spiritual world and angels.
- Howlite Stone Mala: Associated with calm, awareness, focus, and emotional expression.
- Clear Quartz: Encourages positivism, enhances self-awareness, improves energy.
5. Pink Mala Beads Color Meaning:
Represents love, compassion, and connection.
- Rose Quartz Mala: Assists those who are searching for resonance with the frequency of pure love and compassion. Helps release emotional patterns that hold one back.
- Rhodonite Mala: Associated with unconditional love, healing, calm, hidden talents, and compassion.
Click in the image below to browse our Mala Beads
6. Green Mala Beads Color Meaning:
Represents personal growth, opportunity, and prosperity. it’s connected to the heart chakra.
- Jade Mala: has a long history as a protective talisman, Jade has forever been worn and celebrated as being a stone that brings good luck and prosperity.
- Agate Mala: Attracts abundance and increases self-esteem.
- Aventurine Mala has amazing healing properties: But foe all is a stone for financial success and luck of all kinds. Encourages compassionate behavior, stimulates willpower and confidence, Balances the mind, body, and spirit, enhances creativity in artistic endeavors, encourages spiritual growth, enhances inner strength. For more about this stone check this article
- Malachite: Promotes confidence, emotional balance, encourages emotional balance, and healing of the heart. It helps release negativity and overcome bad habits and behaviors.
7. Orange Mala Beads Color Meaning:
Represents vitality, ambition, creativity, and fun. This color has connections to your inner child and the playfulness of life. Wearing orange beads can help you to increase feelings of happiness and joy.
- Carnelian Mala: Encourages vitality, sharpens concentration, dispels emotional negativity. Boost fertility and stimulate healthy sexuality. Increases passion and compassion.
- Amber Mala: Promotes vitality, stress relief, emotional healing. Attracts love, pleasure, and happiness. Good for people dealing with feelings of loneliness.
Click in the image below to browse our Mala beads
8. Purple Mala Beads Color Meaning:
Considered a spiritual color. Purple is linked to the third eye chakra and can enhance your intuition during meditations.
- Amethyst Mala: Balance high energy, eliminate chaos, and support wisdom. Amethyst is often used during meditation to provide a sense of spiritual balance, healing, and enlightenment.
9. Brown Mala Beads Color Meaning:
Stands for stability, reliability, warmth, grounding.
- Tiger Eye Mala: Protects and grounds. Increases confidence. Inspires to accomplish goals. Tiger's eye stone has been associated with the power to focus the mind promoting mental clarity, assisting to resolve problems objectively. Tiger's eye represents willpower, courage, and self-confidence. Connected to both the root and the sacral chakra.
- Wooden Mala: Provides stability and grounds mentally, physically, and spiritually.
- Rudaskra Mala: Shields against negative energies, cleanses the aura, and brings Happiness, and prosperity to the wearer.
- Jasper Mala: Jasper carries a strong connection to the earth, it is deeply in tune with the energy of the universe and is generally associated with grounding, calming, strength, and stability supports during periods of stress and burnout.
Check out our selection of mala beads and find the one that corresponds with your intentions the best.
How to use Mala Beads?
There is no right or wrong way to use your mala. An authentic mala bead necklace consists of 108 beads. They can also be strung as a half necklace containing 54 beads, or as a bracelet with 27 counting beads. The guru bead is often larger than the other ones and provides a starting and ending point for counting the repetitions of the mantras or affirmations. A tassel is connected to the end of the guru bead to complete the mala with a final knot.
You can wear it as a necklace or wrap it around your wrist several times. Many people also wear it under their clothes, on their skin, and close to their hearts.
You can wear it all day long. Yet, you should take it off for washing or showering. This is because the thread becomes less durable when wet, and soap/perfume will make the beads brittle over time.
And of course, you can take your mala with you to your yoga practice, to focus and to charge it with your necklace and with your positive energy. To do this, place the necklace on the floor next to the head of your mat. That way you always have it in sight and it doesn't interfere with your posture.
If you wish to learn more, please read our complete Mala beads Guide in this our Mala Beads Meaning - 2023 Guide blog article.
We have for you a short video with a special meditation and 108 affirmations.
Disclaimer. Please remember that this is not a substitute for medical advice and those who are struggling with insomnia, anxiety, and other sleep-related issues should seek help from their health professional.
We hope that your knowledge of mala beads meanings by color, guides you to purchase a beautiful mala that resonates with you very deep.
Which mala you are drawn to most? leave us a comment.
Mala Beads Meaning - 2023 Guide
How To Use a Pendulum Necklace. How Can You Wear It, Meaning and Rules